Industrial Electrical Technician
Company: vvf intervest, llc
Posted on: May 27, 2023
The Industrial Electrical Instrumentation Technician is responsible
for the safe, efficient, and effective operation of equipment in
Basic Minimum Requirements:
- Must have five (5) years on-the-job experience as an industrial
- Extensive experience in electrical troubleshooting, and
installing and repairing pneumatic/electrical instrumentation,
power distribution, and control/power wiring.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical schematics, and
national electrical code.
- Experience creating and updating drawing files using AutoCAD
- Experience creating and maintain procedures and other
documentation necessary to support the operation.
- Experience working with AC/DC drives and motors, PLC's,
sensors, and control devices.
- Experience with various Servo/Stepper/Custom drives systems as
used on existing equipment. (Kinetics/Sercos/Lexium/Emerson Servos,
Parker Compumotor Stepper Drives, etc.)
- Experience with ethernet/RS232/RS485/Modbus+/DeviceNet
communications to various industrial equipment types in order to
troubleshoot, diagnose, program and repair malfunctions.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose problems using an
oscilloscope where required.
- Experience working with mechanical components and systems,
(motor, gearbox, bearing, driveshaft, sprockets, roller chains,
- Must have basic standard and metric hand tools (e.g. sockets,
wrenches, pliers, channel locks, wire cutters).
- Ability to operate shop equipment: grinders, belt sanders,
drill press, band saws, hydraulic press, electric drills, etc.
- Ability to work any shift, and overtime as required. Preferred
- Basic knowledge of a Computerized Maintenance Management System
- Ability to read and interpret technical drawings, hydraulic
schematics and technical manuals.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose PC Computer issues such as
those used as HMI's in the Mix Room and on the production
- Ability to work with Production Personnel to implement minor
operational changes in the various Control Systems through
hardwiring and PLC programming.
- Ability to use the Internet to obtain manuals, information and
remote support when required.
- Ability to program PLC's and DCS Control Loops.
- Extensive experience working with, and troubleshooting
Programmable Logic Controllers (PLC's) (AB
- Experience working with Hydraulic Systems, Cylinders, Pumps,
- Experience working with piping.
- Working knowledge of welding, drilling, milling, and lathe
- Experience rebuilding and overhauling packaging equipment.
- Requires sufficient physical ability to walk, stand, sit, and
climb stairs; to frequently bend, squat, crouch, kneel, twist, and
make other movements in the performance of daily activities;
grasping, handling/fingering and using hand tools; to reach above
shoulders and outward, and lift, carry, push and/or pull moderate
amounts of weight.
- Work is performed in an internal and external plant
environment; confined space entry required; exposure to noise,
dust, and odors; all types of weather and temperature conditions;
frequently at heights. Key Responsibilities:
- Coordinates troubleshooting and correction procedure
documentation for all electrical items and issues where possible.
Includes updates of existing procedures and development of new
- Follows NEC and NFPA 70E electrical standards and takes
corrective action with VVF Engineering assistance on any systems
that are found to be in violation of these standards.
- Assists in remote troubleshooting when VVF engineering
assistance is required.
- Obtains troubleshooting assistance through Rockwell, Schneider
or FasTrak via Internet or phone contacts when necessary.
- Coordinates and verifies that proper documentation is provided
in all completed work orders that details the issue reported and
the electrical troubleshooting and repair steps taken to correct
- Performs a wide variety of service work in one or more
specialized maintenance area
such as mechanical, electrical, hydraulics, carpentry, or machine
- Ensures operation of electrical systems and equipment by
completing preventive maintenance requirements on electrical
components and machinery wiring; following national electrical
code, manuals, schematic diagrams, and other specifications.
- Installs new machines by installing conduit, wire and
electrical equipment; using hand tools and test equipment.
- Repairs electrical systems and equipment by diagnosing
malfunctioning electrical devices, determining faulty wiring;
inspecting and testing.
- Controls downtime by informing production workers of routine
electrical preventive maintenance techniques and monitoring
- Programs automated machinery by operating, testing for
malfunctions, and verifying repairs to programmable
- Prepares electrical maintenance reports by collecting,
analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains continuity among work teams by documenting and
communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Performs general manual labor work.
- Performs all duties in a safe manner, utilizing safety
practices and procedures required by VVF and applicable law (e.g.
OSHA, etc.), personal protective equipment, and reporting
procedures. Reviews all pertinent safety material before conducting
- Monitors for, and reports unusual occurrences to
- Maintains all equipment and facilities in a clean, orderly and
- Trains other employees as required.
- Assists Operations and Maintenance as required.
- Completes work orders as required.
- Must maintain skills training as required by VVF, regulations
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned by
management. No task or duty is exclusive to a classification or
skillset. An employee working in this classification is expected to
perform various duties and tasks that traditionally may not have
been assigned under a more narrow job classification.
The above statements shall not be construed as a complete
description of all the work requirements.
VVF is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified
applicants, without regard to race, color, religion, national
origin, sex or gender, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information,
including the perception that a person has any of those
characteristics or that the person is associated with a person who
has, or is perceived to have, any of those characteristics, or any
other consideration made unlawful by applicable law. VVF is
committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations
to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable
accommodation because of a disability for any part of the
employment process, please call Human Resources at (630) 892-4381
and let us know the nature of your request and your contact
Keywords: vvf intervest, llc, Montgomery , Industrial Electrical Technician, Professions , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...