Interventional Procedure Technician
Posted on: May 28, 2023
- POSITION PURPOSE
- This job description is congruent with Froedtert South's
mission, vision and values. The values of integrity, respect,
quality, commitment and accountability are the framework for all
hospital activities. It is expected that employees will perform
their job duties in accordance with this mission, vision and
values. Performs radiographic, basic nursing and
physician-assistant activities associated with invasive cardiology,
EP, neuro, and radiographic special procedures. Responsible for
operation of all radiographic, and patient/procedure support
- MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED
- Associate Degree: Radiologic Technology or graduate an
accredited certification program in Radiologic Technology
(Registered and Licensed to practice in the State of
- MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- 1 to 3 years' experience preferred
- LICENSES / CERTIFICATIONS REQUIRED
- Licensure to be eligible to practice as a Licensed Radiographer
in the State of Wisconsin.
- American Registry of Radiologic Technologist (A.R.R.T.)
registered, (minimum) CV or VI registry preferred
- ACLS certification preferred.
- Current BLS and/or CPR certification from the American Heart
Association or American Red Cross or the ability to obtain
certification within 6 weeks of hire.
- KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- 1 - 3 years' minimum experience in general Diagnostic
Radiology, Interventional Radiology or Cardiac Cath Lab.
- Ability to read, write, hear, speak and comprehend the English
- Performs under stress when confronted with emergency, critical,
unusual or dangerous situations; or situations in which work speed
and sustained attention are required aspects of the job.
- Ability to achieve homeostasis from puncture sites using
continuous manual pressure for a minimum of 30 minutes. Requires
strong fingers, hands, and wrist.
- Ability to participate in critical thinking that promotes
desired positive outcomes.
- Requires fine finger movements with above average
- Requires sustained, long periods of standing.
- PRINCIPLE ACCOUNTABILITIES AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Receives and records verbal orders from licensed independent
practitioners for orders that are specific to the services provided
by their department.
- Administers contrast safely and in accordance with policy and
procedure and within scope of service.
- Ability to perform as a tech in the circulator, monitor and
- Operate all healthcare (imaging and non-imaging) equipment
required to provide patient care and treatments administered in the
Interventional Procedure Labs and locations outside the department
as needed for procedures.
- Clerical duties including but not limited to patient charting,
charging, computer programs associated with procedure, filing, fax,
telephone, scheduling, etc.
- Participates in activities associated with quality assurance,
performance improvement, Data base recording and reporting,
maintaining compliance with all associated accreditation programs
including but not limited to Heartbase, STS registry and others
- Cleans, restocks and enters charges after every procedure,
including those performed after normal business hours.
- Participates in patient teaching/education.
- Maintains and organizes patient rooms and department work areas
in a neat, clean and well-supplied manner; initiative is taken to
assure environment is maintained to promote rest and healing.
- Recognizes the occurrence of life-threatening situations and
emergencies and takes the appropriate actions in a timely
- Actively participates in the implementation and monitoring of
unit-based Quality Assurance standards of care.
- Assists in the orientation and training of new staff and
supports student clinical rotations as requested.
- Supports department and System policies and procedures.
- Participates and monitors/maintains department inventory.
Froedtert South is a comprehensive regional healthcare system that
has served southeastern Wisconsin and northern Illinois communities
for more than 100 years. Froedtert South provides services
primarily through the Froedtert Kenosha Hospital and the Froedtert
Pleasant Prairie Hospital and several other clinic locations.
Froedtert South is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Froedtert South
does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex,
gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying
physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or
any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment
decisions are made on the basis of qualifications, merit, and
Keywords: Froedtert, Montgomery , Interventional Procedure Technician, Professions , Prairie, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...