Lending Compliance Analyst
Company: Hancock Bank
Posted on: April 18, 2019
Thank you for your interest in our company! To apply, click on the
button above. You will be required to create an account (or sign in
with an existing account). Your account will provide you access to
your application information. You may review, modify, or update
your information by visiting and logging into your account.
JOB FUNCTION / SUMMARY:
Performs analytical and verification functions to ensure compliance
with federal regulatory guidelines and internal bank policies and
procedures, specifically related to the Credit Reinvestment Act,
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act and the National Flood Insurance
Protection Act. Provides an adequate level of expertise in bank
operations, risk management, and problem solving.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Performs calculations to ascertain required coverage amount of
insurance while adhering to regulatory and internal policy
guidelines associated with flood compliance.
* Reconciles all discrepancies associated with insurance policies
prior to loan closings, working closely with insurance agents and
appraisers as required.
* Reviews daily/weekly vendor reports to identify and resolve
exceptions associated with all insurance types; Performs periodic
assessment of data file sent to vendor for quality assurance.
* Updates collateral tracking system as required to insure proper
tracking of insurance.
* Performs detailed analysis of HMDA reportable originated and
non-originated applications of Mortgage Lending, Retail and
Commercial Loans, as stipulated by Reg C.
* Performs detailed analysis of Small Business/Small Farm
reportable commercial loans as defined by the Credit Reinvestment
* Responsible for importing/exporting monthly extract files from
Host systems into reporting software, CRA Wiz.
* Verifies accuracy of reportable data for each regulation by
comparing information on source documents to information on Host
systems and within the Loan Application Registers.
* Identifies exceptions associated with reviews, works closely with
various LOB to clear, ascertains accuracy of specifc codes and
processes applicable maintenance.
* Responsible for identification of geographical co-ordinates for
reportable addresses and clearing validity errors within CRA
* Responsible for importing review packages into imaging system for
* Interprets and identifies compliance risks associated with the
review. Stays abreast of regulatory changes, federal and state
banking laws affecting both regulations.
* Ability to meet stringent turn-around times established for loan
closings and regulatory timelines associated with verification and
submission of data; Proficient in addressing large volumes and
* Provides support documentation and compile responses for internal
and external audits; Develops procedural manuals and job aids as
* Compiles metrics for unit-based on volume and exception ratios;
Assists as needed in department special projects.
MINIMUM REQUIRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND KNOWLEDGE:
* Bachelor s degree in business administration is preferred or
related work experience.
* 3-5 years Lending Services and/or Compliance experience.
* No certification, licensure or registrations are required to
successfully apply for this job; however, the following
certifications from Hancock Whitney Bank s Computer Based Training
(CBT) are required, if applicable, once in this position:
Home Mortgage Disclosure Act (HMDA);
Credit Reinvestment Act (CRA);
Reg. B, Reg. Z and RESPA;
Flood Insurance Compliance;
* Exhibits strong verbal and written communication skills to
effectively communicate with a variety of audiences and multiple
levels of management.
* Proficient operation of Microsoft Office Products such as
Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
* Must be able to establish and maintain a high level of
credibility with all levels of internal customers.
* Detail oriented and ability to prioritize tasks effectively.
* Strong interpretative skills and ability to make autonomous
* Ability to formulate sound conclusions and choose optimal course
of action based on analysis.
ESSENTIAL MENTAL & PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Ability to work under stress and meet deadlines
* Ability to operate a keyboard to perform the essential job
* Ability to read and interpret a document to perform the essential
* Ability to travel if required to perform the essential job
* Ability to lift/move/carry approximately 10 pounds to perform the
essential job functions. If the employee is unable to
lift/move/carry this weight and can be accommodated without causing
the department/division an undue hardship then the employee must be
accommodated; hence omitting lifting/moving/carrying as a physical
This job description is only valid as of the date it was revised.
Please contact the HR Compensation Department to obtain the latest
version. Information contained herein should be treated as
confidential to Hancock Holding Company.
NOTHING IN THIS JOB DESCRIPTION RESTRICTS MANAGEMENT'S RIGHT TO
ASSIGN OR REASSIGN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBiLITIES TO THE JOB AT ANY
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employers. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religious beliefs, national origin, ancestry,
citizenship, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity,
marital status, age, physical or mental disability or history of
disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran,
disabled veteran, or other protected characteristics as required by
federal, state and local laws.
Keywords: Hancock Bank, Montgomery , Lending Compliance Analyst, Professions , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!