Technician -Unified Communications
Company: Black Box Network Services
Posted on: October 12, 2019
The Unified Communications Technician will deliver unified
communications (UC) solutions to support existing and future
platform, product and service functionality and multi-platform
integration at client locations. Perform day-to-day installation,
service, programming, testing and troubleshooting of UC systems
which include Premise Based; Hosted and Cloud Solutions. (Ex.
Cisco, Microsoft, Avaya, NEC, Mitel, Shortel, Unify, etc.)
* Install and program UC platforms which may include some or all of
the following functionality: Chat; Presence; Voice; Mobility;
Audio; Web; Video; Desktop Sharing; Call Control; Speech
Recognition; Unified Messaging; Email; Digital Signage etc.
* Employ appropriate troubleshooting techniques for UC product
platform of Premise, Hosted and Cloud point-to-point as well as
point to co-location network applications.
* Complete work orders for moves, adds, changes (MAC) and
deletions, on company supported product lines.
* Ensure front-line customer satisfaction by dealing professionally
and effectively with all internal and external
* Receive, plan and prioritize jobs/work orders via centralized
resource management in his/ her territory on a daily basis.
* Coordinate with other Team Members within North American
Commercial Services (NACS) Operations for the purpose of completing
projects/work orders efficiently.
* Complete required documentation in a variety of written and
electronic formats according to company standards such as time
reporting for billing & payroll, work order progress & completion,
time and materials for client SLAs, etc.
* Inform operations management regarding procedures and/or status
of work orders for the purpose of providing necessary information
for making decisions, taking appropriate action and/or complying
with OSHA regulations.
* Request equipment and supplies for the purpose of maintaining
inventory and ensuring availability of required items, as
* Respond to emergency situations during or after hours for the
purpose of resolving immediate client concerns and meet SLAs.
* Transport a variety of items (e.g. tools, equipment, supplies,
etc.) for the purpose of ensuring the availability of materials
required at client site.
* Attend meetings, workshops, training, and seminars for the
purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to
perform job functions.
* Achieve performance targets established by leadership for
applicable Key Performance Indicators.
* Perform other duties as assigned by management.
* Associate degree or Certification in a technology
services/technical discipline, or equivalent work experience.
* Minimum 2+ years experience with Unified Communications (UC)
* Industry and manufacturer specific certifications preferred
(examples: Cisco CCNA Voice/Network Certified, Microsoft MCSE,
Avaya Certified Implementation/Support Specialist/Expert (ACIS/ACSS
* Proven ability to install, service, program, test and
troubleshoot UC systems.
* Strong customer/client service orientation with effective
communication and interpersonal skills, including tact and
* Mechanical aptitude with the ability to read blueprints,
architectural, mechanical, and electrical documents.
* Familiarity of PBX and other Legacy Voice products.
What s in it for You*
Black Box Network Services offers a competitive total rewards
benefits package that includes medical, dental, and vision
coverage, in addition to a wide variety of additional benefits like
a 401K, life insurance, employee assistance programs, fitness
reimbursements, identity theft protection, education/scholarship
programs and more!
We understand attracting great talent requires going beyond just
competitive compensation and benefits. Black Box provides
challenging work that creates advancement opportunities within the
organization for those demonstrating desire and aptitude through
their achievements. We have no shortage of opportunities. If you
are looking for a business that allows for individual reward and
growth, we are the place for you!
About Black Box Network Services
Black Box Network Services is a leading technology solutions
provider dedicated to helping customers design, deploy and manage
their IT infrastructure. We deliver high-value products and
services through our global presence and 2,500 team members. Black
Box is an equal opportunity employer. In accordance with Federal,
State and Local laws, Black Box does not discriminate against
individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex,
sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability,
veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status,
and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit,
hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available
Keywords: Black Box Network Services, Montgomery , Technician -Unified Communications, Professions , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!