Service Desk Agent - L1
Posted on: October 11, 2019
Secure your tomorrow with Unisys: A great place to learn and grow
your career! At Unisys, every associate makes a difference. Here,
you have the opportunity to learn new skills, apply your expertise,
explore local and global challenges, and solve complex technology
issues with creative solutions and diverse teams. You are part of a
team that drives change and delivers results on a daily basis. Our
success is a direct result of our people.
A Service Desk Agent - L1 will be responsible for providing the
first-line of post-sales telephone technical support of hardware,
systems, sub-systems and/or applications for customers and/or
employees. Answers more complex questions about installation,
operation, configuration, customization, and usage of assigned
products. Applies basic diagnostic techniques to identify problems,
investigate causes and recommend solutions to correct common
failures. Escalates complex problems to the Remote Support
Engineering staff or Field Engineering. Fully qualified and
experienced. Typically provides technical support for internal and
external customers. Escalates complex problems to higher level of
expertise within organization.
* Respond to and resolve customer requests, in relation to
software, hardware and network operations difficulties by providing
fast, efficient and friendly customer service.
* Must be logged into the call system so that HHO's can be
* Ability to resolve problems with or without remote tools
* Consistently achieve First Contact Resolution performance
* Accurately document calls and cases
* Aware of customer's time restraints and work within those time
* Keep customer aware of resolution steps - if ticket needs to be
* Follow up Service Center incidents and requests to completion
* Provide clients with incident numbers and request numbers
* Enter all troubleshooting/resolution steps into the ticket - this
information will be used for the 321 team to drive tickets to a
* All tickets are to be touched on a 'first in first out basis',
calling the customer on a daily basis
* Escalate tickets as needed if on-site support is required
* Resolve a minimum of 12 tickets per day (1.5 tickets per hour
* Understanding of SLA requirements for the client
* Assist in cross training and communicate quick fixes
* Manage time and workload to meet predetermined service levels
* Maintain data accuracy in Service Center through contact
* Understand the various media sources that interface with the
* Champion, implement or support change
* Identify process efficiencies within the Service Center and to
take corrective action to implement change
* Discover and document process and procedures which need to be
published to the team or on the Knowledge base
* Provide one knowledge script per week on commonly seen
Technical and Behavioral Skills
* High School diploma or GED required. Associate's degree in math,
science, engineering, or computer, technical services preferred; or
related field experience in computer technical services, help desk,
* Background investigation and drug screen required.
* 2-5 years of experience in data center operations, computer
repairs or services, or help desk support.
* Must be US citizen. Ability to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
required, active Secret clearance preferred
* Ability to obtain HDI Support Center Analyst (HDI-SCA)
certification, active HDI-SCA preferred
* Multiple positions available - some also require the ability to
obtain DoD IAT Level 2 certification (CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP
(Systems Security Certified Practitioner), CCNA Security, CySA+,
GICSP, or GSEC), active DoD IAT Level 2 certification preferred for
* ITIL Foundations certification preferred
* Requires basic knowledge of data processing fundamentals and
equipment operation as normally acquired from completion of basic
equipment training course/program.
* Ability to work under limited supervision.
* Ability to work shift work.
* Knowledge of PC use, data entry, and executing written procedures
or directions on computers interfaces, and connecting cables to IT
* Understanding of computers, problem ticketing, written
procedures, and problem escalation.
* Experience in delivering high caliber soft skills including
interpersonal skills (e.g. courtesy, patience, and
professionalism), customer service, and initiative.
Keywords: Unisys, Montgomery , Service Desk Agent - L1, Sales , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!