Posted on: September 21, 2023
A great opportunity to join a company as a staff accountant.
This is a direct hire position. Great compensation, benefits, 401k,
and upward mobility.This Jobot Job is hosted by: Anthony SaboAre
you a fit? Easy Apply now by clicking the "Apply" button and
sending us your resume.Salary: $65,000 - $75,000 per yearA bit
about us:Jobot is partnering with a growing manufacturing business
on their search for a Staff Accountant. You'll be working at a
stable, well-known brand with a rich history and excellent
culture.Why join us?Direct HireMedical, dental, and vision benefits
401k Great compensation Upward MobilityJob DetailsThis position
reports to the Controller and is responsible for assisting with the
accounts payable function, streamlining the processes where
possible. Preparing and processing monthly sales tax reports.
Generating and posting general ledger journal entries and
reconciling balance sheet accounts. Tagging all assets and
maintaining records for asset additions.Principal
- A B.A. degree in Accounting or Business Administration is
preferred. Good interpersonal skills, ability to multitask and
- A minimum of two years of exposure to a general office variety
of duties/procedures associated with an accounts payable and
general accounting function is required.
- Computer literacy including networking experience and
familiarity with personal computers is essential. Proficiency in
the use of standard office equipment including standard
typewriters, calculators, copiers, and fax machines is also
desirable.Essential Job Functions:
- Provide back up for accounts payables function of matching the
receiving report, purchase order and invoice and entering into
Dynamics. Also has ability to prepare check writing files for
payment both ACH and manual checks for vendor payments.
- Responsible for new vendor setup. Will request all documents
needed for setup and fill out any forms needed from the
- Research and set up sales tax codes in Dynamics based on the
appropriate tax jurisdiction. Reconcile sales tax amounts to
general ledger and taxable sales, prepare and pay Sales and Use
- Track all capital purchases for all companies, documents the
purchases, and maintains the assets in the Asset Maintenance
- Perform monthly accounts payable closing and balancing
- Update and maintain customer pricing within the Dynamics
- Reconcile Debit memos for nonconforming material.PERFORMANCE
- Established Company procedures are followed in preparing and
maintaining required records.
- Accounts Payable are closed-out by the fifth business day of
the month following the activity the general ledger is closed by
the 10th working day with financials presented to the company
president for his review.
- Balance sheet accounts are reconciled, and any differences
resolved on a monthly basis.
- Documentation for all asset purchases entered the asset
tracking system on a monthly basis.
- Good customer relationships are sustained.
- Company property is protected: ensures security necessary to
prevent losses from abuse, carelessness, or theft; maintains a
safe, clean work area.
- Works well without undue supervision; accepts supervision,
including a change in scope of work, in a positive manner.
- Works well with co-workers where divergent views are welcomed
and solicited; Company policies and procedures are incorporated
into daily activities; self-development activities are vigorously
pursued.Interested in hearing more? Easy Apply now by clicking the
Keywords: Jobot, Montgomery , Staff Accountant, Accounting, Auditing , Montgomery, Alabama
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!